HAPPY 6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY TO MY HUSBAND!
Loving my husband is one of the simplest and most rewarding aspects of my life.
He is my constant in this ever-changing world. He is my number 1 fan (well, maybe a close second behind my mom) and my biggest motivator.
Recently, I have gotten into list-making, all thanks to Moorea Seal’s 52 Lists Project journal (you can read more about it in some of my other blog posts). I’ve found that making lists helps me to deeply consider a topic. I’ve never been a journaler, mostly because I have way too much going on in my head to get it all out on paper. List-making helps me to get all of my thoughts into one central location. It helps me to truly think about everything in that topic that brings me joy or comfort or happiness. So, I couldn’t help but make a list about my marriage!
My list of favorite perks of marriage could go on FOREVER, but I somehow narrowed it down to one sheet of printer paper.
- Getting to hang out every day. Gone are the days of calling each other from work and asking each other to hang out in the evening. I love knowing no matter what we do, we’ll get to spend some quality time together every night. As an accountant, it makes tax season a little more bearable knowing I’ll still get to snuggle up with Josh at the end of the day (no matter how many hours I spent at work that day).
- Speaking of tax season, tax benefits. Of course I’m loving the extra perks we get from the government just for signing a marriage license.
- Always having a teammate. Whether it’s a board game or a game of life, I know my husband will always be on my team. He is a supportive, loving, and motivating teammate. He picks me up when I’m down and encourages me to keep going. We strategize together, celebrate victories together, and pout through our losses together. He’s the Patrick Mahomes to my *some other super cool football player*.
- Knowing my husband will love me no matter what embarrassing thing I do. That unconditional love is a beautiful thing.
- Having a permanent sing-along, dance-along, and adventure-along buddy. I’ll be honest, I’m an absolutely terrible dancer and Josh ain’t the best at keeping a tune, but you can usually catch me throwing tunes and him going solo on the dance moves. Together we make one great performance!
- Creating family traditions. Gaining Josh’s family gave me a whole second set of traditions to be part of, which beautifully meshes together into our own traditions. We have a lifetime to continue making these, and I can’t wait to see what all we carry on!
“Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will left up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (KJV)